I have the same problem with tomcat 4.0.1 and
mod_webapp and haven't been able to figure out how is
should work. I have looked in the mod_webapp code and
the SSL code seem to be in place. But I have not found
out what the problem is.
Just a question do you get a null point back from your
call ?

Regards,
Thor

--- Markus Maeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I was playing around with Tomcat 4.0.1 and couldn't
> get the client certificates
> from apache through mod_webapp. So I tried Tomcat
> 4.0.2 b2 and the build from
> January 27. I even compiled a new mod_webapp
> (1.0.2-tc402).
>
> Then I tried ajp13 and mod_jk. This is working fine
> after I changed my code
> (working in Tomcat 3.2x) from
>
> String certAttribute =
> "javax.servlet.request.X509Certificate";
> X509Certificate certificate =

(java.security.cert.X509Certificate)request.getAttribute(certAttribute);