Apologies is this has been asked before...

What does this error mean -

java.net.SocketException: socket closed: Bad file number

- in the apache_log.<date>.txt file? Had a look on the net but couldn't find
anything useful. I don't write servlets, so socket exceptions have no
meaning to me! Seems that errors are generated at random!

System:

Solaris 8
Java 1.3
TomCat 4
Apache 1.3

Thanks,

John

Quote for the week:

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation
which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Ronald Reagan, Radio microphone test, 11 Aug. 1984