I am using Cookies to keep the sesison information.  I am using servlets
to preform some autheication for a standalone program.  From the
standalone program(which is in Java), I also pop up a browser window and
want it to login automatically to some JSP pages, in other words I want
the session to carry over.  For the intial JSP login I will pass the
sessionid as part of the URL.  How can I make sure that the servlet and
the jsp pages are in the same context?

The servlet is stored under ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/