Hi

I have been using Tomcat 3.2.3 with form based authentication. It works
great.

However, I have an additional requirement now. We need to have another home
page with the username and password boxes on the home page directly which
when submitted must access a protected resource. I understand that setting
the form action to "j_security_check"  here will not work because the login
page will not be triggered and the URL path is not stored.
One way I thought of doing this was to set the action to the protected URL
to trigger the login page and try to retrieve the username and password
instead of getting it from the user at this point. Just like tomcat stores
the URL path does it also store other parameters from the request that
triggered the login page? If so, how do I retrieve it? Is there any other
way I can do this?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Suchi