That's normal.

You can set the SessionTimeOut to a different value. I wouldn't
recommens to set it to much higher values than the default of 30
minutes, as this will increase the resource usage of the system.
You have to keep in mind that each aktive session needs some
memory to store its state, especially if you store data in the
session. Making this value to high can easily lead to several
thousend concurrent open sessions.

<snip/>
> Another problem that I have is that I'm loosing the session variables
> (by loosing the session itself) if I do nothing in my webapps
> for an half an hour or so.
<snip/>