From: Vjeran Marcinko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 12:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Load balancing app context ?

Hi.
Just a short question.
I have a web-app that has to have some global
sharing context for my web-app in Tomcat's load
balancing case (multiple JVMs).
Till now, I simply was defining all shared variables
outside service() method, so different HTTP request
can have access to these instance variables (usually
initialized in init() method).
So my short question is :
Will this work in load balancing case, when I have
multiple JVMs ? I'm afraid each JVM will have its
own instance of this servlet, thus having each own
instance of this servlet's instance variable, thus data
stored in this variable during one HTTP request cannot
be accessible to other HTTP request, because they are
running on different JVMs..Right ?

Thanx,
Vjeran