Hi,
  I have trawled the web and most newsgroups and cannot find the solution,
no doubt I have misconfigured something somwhere along the line.  The
situation is that all <Host> entries I have defined try to deploy the
directory structure under /usr/local/tomcat.  This is an example of the
host I have defined in server.xml:

------ server.xml begin -------

<Host name="www.site1.com" debug="0" unpackWARs="false">

                 directory="logs"  prefix="site_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="common"/>

                 directory="logs"  prefix="site_log." suffix=".txt"
                timestamp="true"/>

        <Context path="" docBase="/home/site/public_html" debug="0"/>
</Host>

------ server.xml end -----------

  The problem is that, in the willets_log file that gets created it has
these entries:

------ willets_log start --------

HostConfig[www.site1.com]: Deploying web application directory bin
2002-02-11 12:31:35 StandardHost[www.site1.com]: Installing web application
at context path /bin from URL file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/bin

etc....

------ willets_log end ---------

  Any rtfms, websites links and general guidance appreciated.  It doesn't
appear to break anything but I find it worrying and it does make the
logfiles harder to read (can't see wood for all the trees...).

TIA

Diziet