Hi,

I am having a problem while executing one of the examples that comes with the tomcat
4.0.1 and/or 4.0.2 distribution.

After a clean installation of tomcat-401/402 i try to execute the sample application
/examples that comes with the distribution. Everything goes fine with any of the other
appz, but in the JSP samples page the "Send Mail example" application that gives me an
error:

Apache Tomcat/4.0.2 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that
prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Wrapper cannot find servlet class SendMailServlet or a
class it depends on
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:871)
... ...
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java:194)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

root cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: SendMailServlet
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1394)
        at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1243)
... ...
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java:194)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

In $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes directory i don't have the
SendMailServlet.class binary, only the SendMailServlet.java source code.
Any ideas?????
Best regards,
Jose L. Rojano