From: "jay n gaba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 2002. február 18. 15:50
Subject: Re: RE: Digest authentication problem

hi
i am facing the same problem. there is a problem while using the digest authentication
mode. it seems the password format return by ldap,in my case netscape directory
structure, is different than one used by the digest class of tomcat.netscape uses
base64 encoding while tomcat uses some hash functionality. so the authentication
fails.

solving this is in the to do list. if u wish there are 2 ways to solve it urself.
1. make changes to JNDIRealm class.
2. binding user to ldap using bind authentication, which i am not very clear. I am
trying to search on this.

regards
jay

ps: check previous mail archives for more details.