I just downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.02 binary and everything
works fine for me.  The installer detected the JVM (1.3) on installation.
The only difference is that I installed to a directory without spaces in it.

        It would seem that the service configuration is stored in the
registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Services\Apache Tomcat\Parameters.
You might want to check these and make sure that the installer filled in the
parameters correctly (epically quoting the parameters correctly).

        Randy