This probably won't come as a surprise to you, but the problem is
your classpath.  The error you posted indicates that Tomcat can't load the
XML parser.  I would check the JavaService syntax for setting the classpath
and then verify that jaxp and parser are at the path indicated.

        By the way - to make jk_nt_service work with JDK 1.3 you need to
pass the -Xrs option to the Java Command created on the last line of the
wrapper.properties file.
        Randy