Are you using
        1.  The JDBC-ODBC Bridge
        2.  Native Code
        these are the most common source of crashes.  The JDBC-ODBC bridge
is not thread safe and concurrent access will crash the JVM.  Native code
can have similar problems (and other memory-related problems) that will also
cause a crash.  The last source of a crashing problem would be a JVM bug
which would require an upgrade, downgrade, or side grade, depending upon
which version you are currently using.

        Are you running any code that calls System.exit?  This would be the
only way that the JVM would exit Tomcat and it not be a crash.

        Randy