Are you shure that you created at least two sessions ?

Depending on the browser it's sometimes difficult to create
two sessions if you are just opening new windows. If you
started two independend browsers that should work with any
browser I've tested. As I'm not using tomcat, I can give
just general advice.

Best way to find out is to disable cookies and use
encodeUrl on the links in the site.