Hi,

Using connection pools with tomcat or any other J2EE app server or even
with most Java programs is really simple.
many are free, for example :
- www.bitmechanic.com offer JDBC connection pool for free, you only need
to write a startup servlet that suits your style.
- CodeStudio offers poolman for free, available from sourceforge.com
- tyrex jdbc connection pool mechanism comes with Tomcat as explained :

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.htm
Many of the comercial JDBC 2.0 drivers also offer connection pooling,
sometimes more optimized than the generic solutions (above).

I guess because Tyrex-connection pooling is provided with tomcat your
post was probably not off topic. The problem IS simple, solve it and you
become one of the "Tomcat/JDBC gurus".

while (lev.hasMoreQuestions())
{
  mailingList.ask(lev.getQuestion());
}

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Lev Assinovsky                Peterlink Web
Programmer                    St. Petersburg, Russia
Tel/Fax: +7 812 3275343       197022 ul.Chapigina 7Á
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]