From: chad kellerman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 4:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 4.0.3 + Apache 2.0.32

I am not sure about mod jk, but in order to get webapp module to load and
answer pases tomcat needs to be started first before apache.  If that does
not work send in a copy of the tomcat/logs/ files.  I am pretty sure mad_jk
write to catalina.out.

tomcat/bin/startup.sh  starts up tomcat

-chad

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:49:40 -0800
"Bhide, Atul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am trying to integrate tomcat 4.0.3 & apache 2.0.32 using mod_jk 1.2. I
> downloaded "jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src" and compiled the
source
> for mod_jk. I used the following commands
>
> ant
> ant native
> ant install
>
> It produced 2 mod_jk.so file in the following directories

/home/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src/jk/build/WEB-INF/jk/apache2
> /mod_jk.so   &

/home/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src/jk/build/WEB-INF/jk2/apache
> 2/mod_jk.so
>
> I initially copied the "jk/apache2/mod_jk.so" file to
> /usr/local/apache/modules directory and started tomcat. Then I started
> apache2. Apache loaded the mod_jk.so file. but it simply failed to work
and
> the URL "http://localhost/examples came up with an error "jakarta-servlet"
> not found.
>
> I then shut down both the servers and copied the "jk2/apache2/mod_jk.so"
> file to /usr/local/apache/modules directory and started tomcat. Then I
> started apache2. the URL "http://localhost/examples came up with an proper
> page that of directory listing. But when I clicked on the "jsp" link on
the
> directory listing the browser went into a infinite wait. When I looked at
> the error_log, it was quickly getting filled with the following messages:
>
> [Tue Mar 05 17:32:23 2002] [notice] child pid 17247 exit signal
Segmentation