[EMAIL PROTECTED] a İcrit :

> Check if there is a corresponding <Context..../> element defined for
> manager in server.xml.
>
> There should be a manager under webapps:
>         <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager" debug="0" privileged
> ="true"/>
>
> Thanks.
> RS
>
> "Mike Millson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/06/2002 03:52:07 PM
>
> Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> To:   "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> cc:
>
> Subject:  Error Using 4.0.1 Manager
>
> OS: RH7.1
> Apache: 1.3.22
> Tomcat: 4.0.1
>
> I added the following to /conf/tomcat-users.xml in the <tomcat-users>
> block:
> <user name="somename" password="somepass" roles="manager" />
>
> I added the following to httpd.conf:
> WebAppDeploy manager conn /manager/
>
> I enter this URL:
> http://myserver/manager/reload?path=/examples
>
> The authentication box comes up and I enter my username and password, then
> get the following error:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
> ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application
>
> There is nothing in Catalina.out.
>
> I saw searching JGuru that someone else posted this question on 1/10/2002,
> but there was no followup answer. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to
> do to get this working or any steps I can take to narrow down where the
> problem may be?
>
> Thank you,
> Mike Millson
> Web Systems Engineer
> Sun Certified Programmer for Java2 Platform
> AableTech Solutions, Inc.
> 770.414.8834
> 404.219.3177 cell
> 770.414.8206 fax
> http://www.atsga.com

I used to have this kind of pb.

The best way to avoid it, according yu're using Apache/Tomcat/Warp, is to
declare a Host in the Apache/Tomcat part when setting up yur conf.

Without it, yu'll get this type of error message.

Hope this help.

nb: i had so mab=ny triubles to get it work in such way, that yu can contact
me if yu need more informations.

Jean-Luc B :O)