> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Niven [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: 13 March 2002 15:43
> To: 'Tomcat Users List'
> Subject: RE: How to run tomcat as service program in Win2k

Oops.  A bit of investigation and I answer my own question - ain't it always
the way...

There's a problem with the code I posted earlier - the correct version is:

"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe"
 -install Tomcat
"%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
 -Djava.class.path=
"%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar"
 -Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%"
 -Xrs
 -start org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start
 -stop org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop
 -out "%CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log"

Note the position of the final '"' in the last line.  This is why I had
problems shutting down the service.

Hope this clarifies/helps,
John