On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Soefara Redzuan wrote:

> Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:03:10 +0800
> From: Soefara Redzuan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: jndi versus database connection pooling
>
> Oh dear, Craig, I'm fairly embarassed. Sorry.
>
> >You're going to kick yourself ... the required element name is
> ><res-ref-name>, not <resource-ref-name> :-).
>
> I should have noticed that when I copied my web.xml right next to the
> previous person's. What is it they say about being so close to a problem to
> be blinded.
>
> But may I suggest that the JNDI docs are updated because it's
> <resource-ref-name> in many cases there, for Mail as well as JDBC.
>
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/tomcat-docs/jndi-resources-howto.html

Well, now I'm somewhat embarrassed, because I wrote the original document
that had the wrong element name :-(.

However, this was fixed in the Tomcat source code on October 10, 2001, and
therefore the correct version was included from release 4.0.1 onwards
(current production release is 4.0.3).  Which version are you running?  Is
there anyplace that the wrong version of this document still exists online
that we need to fix?

Craig