Hi,

I tried using the DAVExplorer webdav client app w/ Tomcat v4.0.3
(on Solaris).
I connected with URL "http://myhost:8080/webdav/"; and was able to GET
files from the $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/webdav/ directory w/ no problem.
But when I tried to 'make collection' or 'PUT', I get 403 errors. So
I did the obvious--since in these cases I'm trying to write to a
directory in the tomcat tree, I checked ownership, group, and permissions.
I'm running TC as user 'mperry', group 'xyz' and I ran the client
as 'mperry', group 'xyz' and I did a 'chmod -R 777' on the whole
Tomcat doc tree, just TEMPORARILY to rule out UNIX file permission
restrictions.  I checked in the Tomcat logs for any security or
restraints and see nothing.  I do see in localhost_log***.txt
that the /webdav webapp was loaded, w/ no errors.

And I know that w/ Apache (using mod_dav), you need to put a
"DAVOn" entry in httpd.conf, but this isn't Apache.

Any suggestions on how I can get the Tomcat webdav web app
to do writes (PUT, MKCOL, ...)?

Thanks,
Marcia