Could someone please suggest a good online source for getting some detail information
on compilation errors with J2sdk1.4.  I am trying to port an application that has been
compiled and tested on NT with j2sdkee-1_3_01 libraries.  The new system RH7.2 using
the new j2sk1.4 whines about not finding "String" class definition with a [JLS 8]
stuck to the end of the message.

I'm using javac (haven't the time to learn forte) from command line and have set my
classpath to see  j2sk1.4/lib/tools.jar  and  j2sdk1.4/jre/lib/jsse.jar

thanks in advance for any help and suggestions

Leila