On March 21, 2002 08:02 am, you wrote:

> Tomcat 4.0.3 is NOT unpacking my WAR file and my application
> is not getting loaded. Is this a bug or is there a configuration
> issue that I am missing.

It'll only do this if the server is restarted.  Tomcat doesn't support
on-the-fly deploy yet.   I've also noticed that if the directory already
exists for the web application in question, that it never extracts the war
file.  This seems to be the behaviour on all of the Tomcat versions I've
tried recently (3.2.1,3.2.3,3.3rc1,4.0.1).