I'm a Tomcat newbie and I need some advice on getting Tomcat 4 started.  Can someone
help with the info I've provided below???

TIA
Andy

I've installed on NT Workstation (sp5):
Apache 1.3.23
Tomcat 4.0
JDK 1.3.1.02

Problem:
1. http://localhost:8080 returns page not found.
2. When I run the tomcat startup the messages flip by quick but I managed to see
"java.net.ConnectException: connection refused..."

Things I've tried:
1. Changed the port from 8080 to 8090 in the server.xml file and tried
http://localhost:8090 - no change
2. Configure IE to have proxy bypass local addresses - no change
3. set enviro variable CATALINA_HOME to c:\jsp\jakarta-tomcat-4.0
4. set enviro variable JAVA_HOME to c:\jsp\jdk13102