Larry,

     Thanks for the response.

     I'm Seeing two different things.  When the "ajp12.id" file is not
working correctly we get this in the log
          [jk_connect.c (108)]: Into jk_open_socket
          [jk_connect.c (115)]: jk_open_socket, try to connect socket = 6
          [jk_connect.c (124)]: jk_open_socket, after connect ret = -1
          [jk_connect.c (143)]: jk_open_socket, connect() failed errno = 79

     We think this is because ajp12.id file does not get created correctly
or is deleted automatically. So mod_jk has issues with the connection.

     When the ajp.id file is working correctly we see:

          [jk_worker.c (177)]: wc_create_worker, done
            [jk_worker.c (223)]: build_worker_map, removing old ajp13
worker
            [jk_worker.c (235)]: build_worker_map, done
            [jk_worker.c (102)]: wc_open, done
          [jk_uri_worker_map.c (345)]: Into
jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
          [jk_uri_worker_map.c (407)]:
jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found a match ajp13
          [jk_worker.c (123)]: Into wc_get_worker_for_name ajp13
          [jk_worker.c (127)]: wc_get_worker_for_name, done  found a worker
          [jk_ajp13_worker.c (654)]: Into jk_worker_t::get_endpoint
          [jk_ajp13_worker.c (539)]: Into jk_endpoint_t::service
          [jk_ajp13.c (346)]: Into ajp13_marshal_into_msgb
          [jk_ajp13.c (480)]: ajp13_marshal_into_msgb - Done
          [jk_connect.c (108)]: Into jk_open_socket
          [jk_connect.c (115)]: jk_open_socket, try to connect socket = 6
          [jk_connect.c (124)]: jk_open_socket, after connect ret = 0
          [jk_connect.c (132)]: jk_open_socket, set TCP_NODELAY to on
          [jk_connect.c (140)]: jk_open_socket, return, sd = 6
          [jk_ajp13_worker.c (167)]: In jk_endpoint_t::connect_to_tomcat,
connected sd = 6

     This is the end of that log (set on debug).  I do not actually see
where is says it passes on to Tomcat, and tomcat never gets the request.
We are not sure what is causing either of these problems.  Is there a
particular user that tomcat or apache must be started as?  Do the file
permission's/groups have something to so with it.  We are starting as a
special user but all of the files under Apache, and tomcat are awned by it.

Thanks for any help,
Jay

                    Larry Isaacs

                    <Larry.Isaacs@       To:     'Tomcat Users List'
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    sas.com>             cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: Tomcat 3.3a and mod_jk on
AIX 4.3.3 built OK, but not sending  requests
                    03/29/2002

                    08:34 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

Ajp13 should be the one to use.  Does the mod_jk.log indicate
that the request is or isn't being forwarded to Tomcat?

Cheers,
Larry