Hi --

I want to run tomcat 4.0x on a Solaris 8 box in standalone mode on port 80
as a user other than root.

Is this possible? I been zipping through the archives and what I am hearing
is that because root can only open ports < 100, this scenario wouldn't be
possible. There was a post on jguru saying that this feature might be added
in newer versions.

Am I missing something? Is this one of those magical sysadmin things,  via
sudo or whatever?

I could proxy it via apache and ajp13, but we are TOTALLY jsp/servlet, so I
don't want to put apache in if I can avoid it.

Any help appreciated in advance!!