Dear Craig,

thanks for your swift reply! As you suggested I tried to foist the
servlet a new instatnce of the BufferedReader class.
The codesection in the doFilter method of my filter class looks like this:

HttpServletRequestWrapper httpServletRequestWrapper = new
HttpServletRequestWrapper() {

        public BufferedReader getReader() {
                return new BufferedReader(new
StringReader("testparameter=testvalue"));
        }

}

chain.doFilter(httpServletRequestWrapper, response)

However, this approach does not have an impact on the parameters present
in the servlet!!

I am not very familiar with the debug option in catalina. Nevertheless,
I used it and came to the conclusion that the servlet actually does not
use the HttpServletRequest object while evaluating the getParameter method.

Can you confir that?

Regards,

Alexander Thomas