Anthony,
==============
"Anthony Eden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I was unable to get it working with my Thawte certificate (which works
fine in Apache).  After some research I determined that there is an
issue with the JSSE from Sun which prevents certain certs from working.
Has this changed recently?  Personally I would much rather remove Apache

from the chain as it is really doing nothing for me other than handling
the SSL decoding and then passing the request to Tomcat.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden
==============

I'm not 100% sure about Apache, but I suspect you need to get another
type of Cert from Thawte. I beleive Apache takes one type of cert, while
the Java certificate mechanism of Tomcat requires another type of cert
chain.

When I did the "SSL thing" with my Tomcat application, I had to play
around for a while before I got the proper cert from Thawte (or any
vendor, for that matter) - before it worked.

It does work quite fine - I am running Tomcat as standalone servlet
engine on my servers, with SSL enabled, using a Thawte cert with no
problems.

Contact Jason Barr at Thawte - he is the person who I worked with to get
it all working.

Cheers,

-Richard