Actually, its a bit more complicated, so I don't think Jay's solution
(quoted below) will work.

I am using a security constraint with form based authentication.

This means that I have to request a servlet that is in a constrained area.
The container forwards the request to a login page outside of the
constrained area.  Once the login is processed, it goes back to the
originally requested page.

So, I have to actually have the query string passed in during the initial
login.  That is what I am trying to replace with an alias.

Paul Phillips

--On Sunday, April 7, 2002 12:09 PM -0600 Jay Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did you try
>
> <servlet>
>       <servlet-name>controller</servlet-name>
>       <servlet-class>controller</servlet-class>
>       <!--This servlet-class needs to be the actual name of the servlet. If
> name is com.mycompany.myproject.Controller, then that is what needs to
> appear here.-->
> </servlet>
> <servlet-mapping>
>        <servlet-name>controller</servlet-name>
>       <url-pattern>/login</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>
>
> Don't worry about the query string being passed in to the servlet. That
> will be passed by the container from the jsp to the servlet.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> --Jay Gardner

Paul Phillips
Director of Orchestral Activities, Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University

"You must sing every note you play, sing even through the rests!"
Arturo Toscanini