There are definitely memory leaks in javac. This is a problem when jspc
compiles your jsp code in the same JVM as the TC server.

--Jay Gardner

-----Original Message-----
From: Christophe Reynaud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 12:52 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Tomcat process takes 246M whereas total java heap is 127M

Hello,

We use tomcat 3.3.1 on Linux RH 7.2.  JVM : IBM 1.3

"top -c" tells that the tomcat threads take 246M but if we use the Java
function "totalMemory()", it tells that the JVM uses 127M for the heap.
Where is the rest of memory ?  I expected that the JVM used more than
only the total of the heap, but in this case it is almost the double !
Any ideas about the reasons of this problem ?  Are there some momory
leaks in the JVM ?

Thanks.

Christophe