Adrian Beech wrote:

>Ummmmm, okay then how stable is the JDBC/ODBC bridge?  As I previously
>mentioned in my initial posting some bits and peices that I've read suggest
>that this method of connecting to a DB back end is, or can be, a little
>dodgy.  The comments basically revolved around the premise that the bridge
>is not capable of being threaded and it is considered by Sun to still be
>experimental.  I got the impression that there is potential for data loss or
>corruption along with performance related issues.
>
>I guess I really need to know if it is reasonable to use Tomcat to host an
>environment that relies on this sort of DB connectivity.
>
>Adrian
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I was under the impression that it was recommended that you obtain a
commercial JDBC driver from a vendor such as your RDBMS /middleware
vendor as the JDBC-ODBC driver is usaually used for experimental use or
if no other is available.
Anyway there is mysql odbc which works fine with Mysql back-end and
front-end M$ Aceess 2000.

Cheers Chuck Amadi
Systems Programmer