Hi!

I'm working for a long time using Tomcat (3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 and now 4.0.3).
I have several apps that uses JNDI DataSources to access database. All
working fine (congratulations by great work to Jakarta people).

Now, I'm trying to use Apache Httpd as main server, and use Catalina only to
processes JSP. The problem is: how do I configure Resource for the context
in server.xml (please, note: I need to configure this for mod_webapp, not
for catalina stand-alone. I've this config working fine for catalina
standalone).

For JDBC realm auth, I just copied respective section from my standalone
area. But when I copy <Context>...</Context>, catalina don't startup (XML
error: appear that <Context> need to be inside a <Host> tag). Then I copied
my <Host> and </Host> tag from catalina standalone, but when I execute
context.loookup in my code, I get NullPointerException.

Again, my application works fine in Catalina standalone. And this works fine
in HP-AS (another similar product). So, I know that this is not a
programming issue.

Please, someone can send me any tips? I lost several hours searching mail
list, but nothing was found.

Thanks,

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Gerente de Tecnologia