It looks like the output is probably in UTF-8 format.  If you use the <%@ page
contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8" %> directive in your page, that should
instruct the browser to use that encoding for display.  To see if this should
work, you should be able to just manually change your browser's encoding to
UTF-8 (Unicode) while viewing the page that currently doesn't work and have it
display properly for you.

HTH,
Jeff

                    "Christian

                    Bourque"              To:     "Tomcat Users List"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    <christian@ali        cc:

                    osoft.com>            Subject:     Re: Jspc & i18n

                    04/10/02 04:57

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Tomcat

                    Users List"

Hi Jeff !

I can't use the attribute "encoding", I think my app server doesn't
implements the last JSP specs !

But I have an update to my problem, I did a diff on two different .java file
based on the same jsp file :

1) the one generated by using jspc command line (the one that doesn't works)
2) the one generated by tomcat/jspc when accessed the first time by a
browser (the one that works)

Its really weird because there are almost identical (only the class name is
different but this is normal), the french text is scrambled in both versions
!

Even more weird, if I access the command line generated version page (#1) in
IE I see this :

Joyeux noël et bonne année !!!

But if I do a view source of the page look at this :

Joyeux noël et bonne année !!!

Everything is fine !!!!!!

Christian