thanks for the clarifications,

i have worked with this tomcat for the past week.
it is now giving a strange error for my context added in server.xml file.

just i did it like explained in the documentation. But soon after i start
the tomcat and see the log files, it is giving

error :
so..

All what i think is, the web.xml file of my web application is not able to
act for tomcat 4 which was working fine for tomcat 3.2.3.

If i see the web.xml file of examples web application in tomcat 4, it has
some extra elemts like filters which are not available in my web
application.
Also there are no proper documentation for configuiring the web.xml file of
the web application to work with tomcat 4.

Please dicuss about this as i wonder this could be important for tomcat 4.
Also many in the world has this problem.

thanks
prassana