Hi,

I have a folder under webapps, named survey. It has a servlet as a jar file
under webapps/survey/WEB-INF/lib/. I want to call this servlet with an alias
let's say "display".

I registered this servlet in /survey/webapps/WEB-INF/web.xml as:
----------------------
<servlet>
                 <servlet-name>
                    display
                 </servlet-name>
                 <servlet-class>
                     com.XXX.YYY
                 </servlet-class>

                 <init-param>
                     <param-name>redirectTarget</param-name>
                     <param-value>AAAA</param-value>
                 </init-param>

    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
                        <servlet-name>
                            display
                        </servlet-name>
                        <url-pattern>
                        /display
                        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
--------------------

I am using Tomcat 3.2.3. Above setup works on WindowsNT workstation and I
can access this servlet through

http://localhost:8080/survey/display

but when I tried creating the same setup on SunSolaris OS 5.8, I have to
append "servlet" like this

http://AAA.BBB.com/survey/servlet/display?mid=5ZZxyUEp3GiWNkfSxnWuxg

but I want it to be accessed as
http://AAA.BBB.com/survey/display?mid=5ZZxyUEp3GiWNkfSxnWuxg

Any idea, what's wrong with it?

NB: I don't have Apache installed on my Windows NT desktop, but the Solaris
has apache installed on it.

--
Suhail Hirani

and then destroy it.