> Under my $CATALINA_HOME/webapps, there are five subdirs: examples/
manager/
> ROOT/ tomcat-docs/ webdav/, which is standard. The mode for all these
> subdirs are 755. Therefore, when I goto httpd://192.168.1.120, I would
> expect a list of these five subdirs, wouldn't I? Why should I get "403
> Forbidden" error?

This is an Apache issue (since it is Apache serving it up). I am guessing
that you don't actually want to serve from there correct? Look below, and it
should make it serve properly (presumingly ROOT).

> With my current settings, I can visit httpd://192.168.1.120/ROOT. But I
can
> not run jsp here. How can I reset it so that httpd://192.168.1.120/ROOT
will
> be served by tomcat?

You can't run them there because of the way you have your configuration. In
your httpd.conf you have

    WebAppDeploy examples warConnection /examples

Which means your http:/192.168.1.120/examples is the only area that will
allow jsps to be served from at this point.  If you want the root (/) to be
ROOT:

    WebAppDeploy "ROOT" warConnection /

Joe