Try localhost:8008 instead

--Jay Gardner

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Bonevich [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 5:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Configuration problems: mod_webapp with Tomcat 4.0.3 and Apache
2.0.35

Ok, on to the next set of "issues"!  Finally got mod_webapp compiled
properly and installed in Apache 2 (configtest returns Syntax Ok).  Then
I add the VirtualHost section:

NameVirtualHost 65.186.165.33
<VirtualHost 65.186.165.33>
     ServerName tomcat.bonevich.com
     DocumentRoot /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/
     WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8080
     WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples
</VirtualHost>

...and when I do another configtest I get errors:
[root@strider apache2]# bin/apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 995 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid port number (p<1) No "Port" statement found

Line 995 is the WebAppDeploy directive.  Is this mod_webapp looking for
the (now depracated) Port statement in the main body of the config?  If
so, time to update code.  If not, what am I missing?  (As a side note,
tried the VirtualHost directives with 127.0.0.1, with :80 appended, and
with just *; same error each time.)

jeff

--
Jeffrey Bonevich