you can try using an URL for your configuration file storing the xml
file in your webapp/yourapp directory.

InputSource sn = new InputSource("http://server/yourapp/AccessInfo.xml";);

You can also limit the access to the file using standard protection methods.

Another way to access you file is by putting it in the WEB-INF directory
of your app and fetching an InputStream with
the getResourceAsStream method of  the ServletContext

InputSource sn = new
InputSource(oCtx.getResourceAsStream("Accessinfo.xml"));

(oCtx is your ServletContext object)

Cheers,
Vincenzo

--
I have a friend whose a billionaire.  He invented Cliff's notes.  When
I asked him how he got such a great idea he said, "Well first I...