From: Rick Fincher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 11:24 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: initializing Session state during realm login

Hi Tim,

Your main (or index) page is your init page. After a successful login you
can get the username and role from the request object with the
getRemoteUser() and isUserInRole("roleNameString") methods.

If you need more data than that you can try stuffing data into the session
in your login form.  I haven't tried that so I'm not sure if the session at
the login is the same as your program's session.

Rick