Hello ari,

Which version of Tomcat?  If 4.0, then you don't use
jk_nt_service.exe.  You use Tomcat.exe that is in the $TOMCAT_HOME/bin
directory.  Just use the following to install/uninstall the service
(copy/paste the lines below to the command line...assuming you've set
up the environment variables referenced):

Install Catalina Service:

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -install Apache-Catalina
%JAVA_HOME%\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
-Djava.class.path=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
-Dcatalina.home=%CATALINA_HOME% %CATALINA_OPTS% -Xrs -start
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params start -stop
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap -params stop -out %CATALINA_HOME%\logs\stderr.log

Uninstall Catalina Service:

%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\tomcat.exe -uninstall Apache-Catalina

Jake

abc> Hi. I'm trying to install tomcat on my Windows 2000 Server as an NT service
abc> using the jk_nt_service.exe wrapper. I am consistantly getting the same error
abc> everytime I try and start the Server (I'm using the services control panel)

abc> Do you know of any problems with using the wrapper on a windows 2000 server
abc> machine?? THe error I'm getting is...

abc> Could not start the Jakarta Service on local computer
abc> Error 1607: The process terminated unexpectedly.

abc> Thanks for your time/help.

abc> ari

abc> --
abc> To unsubscribe:   <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
abc> For additional commands: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
abc> Troubles with the list: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]