Hello jason,

jw> (1) i received an out of memory exception and would like to know where to tell
tomcat to use more memory

use environment variables TOMCAT_OPTS (for Tomcat3.2.x or 3.3.x) and CATALINA_OPTS (for
Tomcat 4.xx) to add options that Tomcat should use at startup.

For instance  CATALINA_OPTS=-server -Xms8m -Xmx128m

Tells Tomcat 4.xx to start up with the server (rather than client) jvm
and and to set the initial size of the Java memory allocation pool
(that is, the heap) to 8 Mbytes, and then to set the maximum heap size
to 128 Mbytes.

See the following for reference:
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/Programming/JVMPerf/

jw> (2) my tomcat installation directory is located on c:\ (this is where we keep
development software), and d:\company_name\classes\... . How do i tell tomcat that my
classes directory is located at
jw> the d:\ location

Not sure about this one.  You mean, that you want tomcat to get its
application wide classes from your classes directory rather than
$TOMCAT_HOME/classes?

Hmmm... not sure how to do that?

Jake

jw> thank you

jw> Jason

jw> Do You Yahoo!?
jw> Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more

--
Best regards,
 Jacob                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]