On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 03:53:34PM -0400, Andy Carlisle wrote:
> >For purposes of recording this on the user group so that others may
> >benefit (if they bother to check first that is ;-> ), here is exactly
> >what I did:
>
> Thank you, Jeffrey, for posting the steps needed to get mod_webapp built
> for Debian. I was able to walk through the steps and (for the first time)
> got everything installed. I could not start the httpd server, however, as
> the following complaint occurs:
>
>     Syntax error on line 126 of /opt/apache-2.0.35/conf/ssl.conf:
>     Invalid port number (p<1) No "Port" statement found

You've done the hard part, but if you include the port that apache
should listen on in the ServerName directive, you'll get rid of this
error:

ServerName localhost:80

is what I have in my httpd.conf

Cheers,

Simon

--
"We were informed that the user interface was exactly the same as being at
 the desktop, but using our visual senses we detected a somewhat different