hi,

I'm looking for the correct way to deploy / redeploy webapps into the tomcat web
container from ant.  I've followed a few threads in tomcat and ant user lists
but am just getting confused.

http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg51926.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/ant-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg13402.html

I'm keen not to do work that is going to be obsolete in the near future so I'd
be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.

as far as I can see there are a number of options:
1) write a task that communicates with the manager app via http get commands.
2) write a task that communicates with catalina api calls.
3) copy someone elses work - always my preferred option :)

thanks
Nathan