Hmmm... unfortunately, you might have to move back to Apache 1.3.xx for
ssl.  Tomcat supports it, but Apache2 for windows currently doesn't have
ssl enabled.  Some bug that they need to figure out.  It will probably be
in the next release.  I assume that in order for Apache to forward ssl
requests, it must support mod_ssl first.

I have not done much with ssl and Tomcat or Apache, but I've seen lots of
advice on how to set this up on the list.

Do a search on the thread "tomcat and SSL (keyfile password)".  That shows
a step-by-step process of using the keysign tool and configuring your
server.xml.

Let me know if you find any specific setup that needs to be done with
mod_jk and ssl.  I don't yet have any info on that, but it might already
exist in the Tomcat-docs, so you might want to check there first.

Jake