Hi,

I have a non-SSL instance of Tomcat 4 that I want to operate as an http
client that sends XML documents to a SSL Server on another server.

I have added jsse.jar, jcert.jar, jnet.jar to my classpath, and also
modified the java.security file with the following
entry (security.provider.3=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider).

However, when I try to call the SSL server on the other machine using this
code:

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ww
w.protocol");
   java.security.Security.addProvider(new
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());
   URL xmlurl = new URL("https://mytestserver.com:443/ABC/ABCserver.jsp";);

I get the following error:

java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: https
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.jsp.linuxclient$jsp._jspService(linuxclient$jsp.java:165)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris