This is some info of how I built it on solaris sparc boxes. It was using
tomcat 33 though, and you have to change the directories accordingly.. Let
me remind you that some of the things can actually already been fixed or
working differently..

<start-of-paste>
cd to
/usr/local/tomcat/native/mod_jk/apache1.3
If this file is not executable do chmod +x build-solaris.sh
vi build-solaris.sh
change the APACHE_HOME and JAVA_HOME lines to the correct directory
structure.

Since we need DEAPI to build mod_jk, we also have to change the line after
the line
echo Building mod_jk
$APXS ....
Add -DEAPI as the first parameter. If you don't have a DEAPI apache install,
leave this one out.

If your ld is not in your path, do vi /usr/local/apache/bin/apxs and change
the ld
(the line reading my $CFG_LD_SHLIB = q(ld); to q(/usr/ccs/bin/ld);

and now run ./build-solaris.sh

It should be build ok ;)
(check to see if /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so is present).

<end-of-paste>

Mvgr,
Martin

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>