Larry,

Thanks for the additional information.  Upon further reflection, I
notice that all JSPs are compiled into the following directory:

   $TOMCAT_HOME/work/DEFAULT/examples/jsp

The problem is that requests to domain1.com/examples/ and
domain2.com/examples/ are treated the same, and I would like Tomcat to
use the work directories for each domain, not the DEFAULT.  Recall, the
purpose is to have a playground where users on the system can fiddle
with the examples directory to learn and explore.

I had this working with Tomcat 3.2, but I don't see the configuration
analog between the two systems.  Maybe a better way of phrasing my
question would be, how do I make sure the /examples is treated on a
per-host basis, not system-wide through the default?

Again, the help and input is very appreciated.

Duane