Hi list,

I found a couple of posts regarding this problem in the archives, but no fix
or explanation posted that I could find.

I've just installed 3.3.1 on linux 7.2 from the rpm.
My webapps directory is where it should be: /var/tomcat3/webapps, but its
empty.
Therefore I have no root context and although tomcat is up and running and
accepting requests on port 8080 I get 404's on every request.

I installed from the following rpm: tomcat3-3.3.1-4.noarch.rpm
have I got the wrong rpm? or do I need to install the webapps seperately?
everything else is installed fine, all my tomcat directories are where they
should be.

This is what tomcat gives me in the console when I request
http://localhost:8080

2002-05-14 10:00:39 - ContextManager: Assertion failed: container==null (no
Default Context?)
2002-05-14 10:00:39 - Ctx() : Status code:404 request:R( /) msg:null

(BTW: thanks to Henri Gomez for the RPM readme, it was a big help - nothing
I could find in there about this problem though)

Any clues greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Paul