Howdy, and welcome to the list ;)

You should put the JavaScript file NOT in the WEB-INF directory.  Put it
under your web application (ROOT in your example).  Stuff under WEB-INF
is not accessible to the browser.  See the Servlet spec from Sun on how
to organize files under your web application.

So in your case: the servlet is fine where it is.  Move the .js file to
/ROOT/code_lib.js.  Include it as
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="/code_lib.js">

And that should take care of the problem.

Yoav Shapira
ChemInformatics

Where