From: Paresh Deshpande [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2002 6:46 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: unable to serve static pages through apache web server
(Tomca t 4.0 - Apache using AJP connector)

Hi,
Looks like I found out the solution myself :).
To serve static pages via apache instead of tomcat, all I have
to do is set the attribute forwardAll="false" for
ApacheConfig listener in server.xml.

    <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig"
forwardAll="false"/>

Since the flag is set to true by default and my server.xml configuration did
not include this attribute, all the pages(static as well as dynamic) were
served
by tomcat in the tomcat-apache service mode.

thanks
Paresh Deshpande

( Hey Scott, once again thanks for your workaround suggestion. )