Mohammed

My understanding is that any web-app (even "normal", non-war web-apps) that
are located in Tomcat's web-apps folder do not need to be "declared" in
server.xml: it's only when you have web-apps in non-standard places that you
need to state where they're located.

wars are either copied into the web-apps folder, and then picked up by
Tomcat when it starts, or deployed (by Tomcat's manager app) once Tomcat is
running.  Either way, they exist in the web-apps folder.

<<disclaimer>> I'm getting out of my depth here - can someone step up if
I've got this wrong?

> Thanks

HTH
John