Hi,

    We are developing a Web based JSP application which is running on Apache 1.3.20 +
Tomcat 3.2.2 + Jdk1.3.1 +
Windows NT 4.0. We are facing a session related problem in our application.

The problem is as follows:

    The application creates a session for each user during the time of logging and set
to a maximum inactive interval of 8 hours.
Each option in our application validates the session object during the form loading
and sends it to the login screen if the session
is a new object. We found after an intensive test that without calling an
'invalidate()' or 'removeAttribute()' randomly existing
session objects expires and new object is automatically created.

    We would like your help to know,
    1) what are the possible reasons for a session object to expire automatically?
    2) Has tomcat any limitations on the number of threads or user request for a
single context?
    3) Can any internal exceptions cause the session object to be killed?

Thanks in advance

Regards

H.Rajesh
[EMAIL PROTECTED]